“I’m Mike Nemes and I’m not going to waste your time on empty promises. Here’s my record – I look forward to the opportunity to earn your vote!”
Meet Mike Nemes
Mike Nemes knows the problems Kentuckians face every day. He understands what it’s like to be an employer and a worker; he’s been both a business owner and a union member. After 40-plus years in business, Mike ran for state representative to make Kentucky a better place to work and do business. He was later appointed to Kentucky’s Labor Cabinet, where he continued this mission of workforce development.
- Over 40 years of business experience, Mike understands the significant burden caused by high taxes, especially on our middle-class, working people.
- A record of strengthening our workforce, Mike was appointed second in command of the state’s Labor Cabinet in 2015.
- Former State Representative in District 38, Mike knows how to get the job done in Frankfort.
- Former teamster union steward, Mike is no stranger to the problems workers face.
- 100% Pro-Life and Pro-Gun, these were the values Mike was raised on and these are the values he will continue to protect.
- All four of his children attended public schools and Mike sees the struggle our teachers face when resources do not meet the needs of the classroom.
Mike Nemes is married with four children and six grandchildren. While in the private sector, he was a real estate investor. He also worked as a union employee and steward. He owned his own business and worked in construction as a project coordinator. In 2010, Mike was elected State Representative for District 38. By 2015, Mike was appointed second in command of the state’s Labor Cabinet.
Mike’s priority today is to use his experiences up at the Capitol, where he will fight to bring better opportunities to the people of Bullitt and Jefferson County.